Leawood Parks and Recreation
14701 Mission Road, Leawood, Kansas 66224
(913)339-6700 x 157
Oxford School is one of the oldest schools in the state of Kansas. The school was moved from its original location at 135th and Mission Road in March 2003 to its present location in Ironwoods Park. The Oxford School opened in 1877 and continued to operate as a school until 1955. From the 1960s into the mid-90s it was used as a house of worship. Great care was taken to restore the building to its original beauty with historic accuracy. The Kansas Preservation Alliance selected the Leawood Historic Commission as the recipient of a 2005 Award for Excellence for Preservation Advocacy for their role in preserving the Oxford Schoolhouse.