6917 Kensington, KCMO 64132
A unique and fun field trip destination for children of all ages, the Beanstalk Children’s Garden offers children and adults the opportunity to learn about nutrition, plant science, food production and more.
Our mission: The mission of the Leanna Flandermeyer Beanstalk Children’s Garden is to inspire young people to make healthy food choices as they see, smell, touch, and taste growing plants.
The Beanstalk Children’s Garden is comprised of six specialized garden areas including:
The Vegetable Garden
is filled with colorful plants that inspire children to make healthy food choices.
The Fruit Garden
is bursting with both common and uncommon berry bushes and fruit trees.
The Herb Garden
features different types of herbs used in cooking, fragrances, and medicines.
The Seed & Grain Garden
contains seed and grain plants such as corn, oats, soybeans, peanuts and popcorn.
The Curiosity Garden
is an exciting place for children to experience unusual plants like the sensitive plant.
The Water Garden
is home to fish, frogs, and water plants such as papyrus, water lilies and cattails.
The Orchard Garden
Guided tours $2/person; self-guided tours free. Donations accepted.
- Individuals, families and groups are welcome.
- Guidebooks are available upon request.
- Garden paths are paved and fully wheelchair accessible.
- All plants are labeled with names and information.
- Picnic tables are available with reservation.
- The Beanstalk Garden is an approved field trip site for Girl & Boy Scouts to complete badge requirements.
- Homeschool groups may call for special tours and educational opportunities.
- Donations are appreciated!